- "Every woman over fifty should stay in bed until noon"
-Quote by Mamie Eisenhower
- "A woman is like a teabag. You don't know her strength until she's in hot water."
-Quote by Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Oh, but you just don't realize how much fun he is...he's just so much fun!"
-Quote by Pat Nixon
- "What a world of anguish this is and how I've been made to suffer."
-Quote by Mary Todd Lincoln
- "I enjoy campaigning because my husband makes all the speeches and I receive all the roses."
-Quote by Lou Henry Hoover
- "A woman's place in public is to sit beside her husband, be silent and be sure that her hat is on straight."
-Quote by Bess Truman
copyright © The National First Ladies' Library, 330-452-0876